Garcinia (Garcinia cowa)
- Ripened fruit is unique as it is externally similar to tomato and internally to citrus because of the presence of juice sacs.
- Fruit weight- 52- 65 g, TSS- 6.8
- Shrub plant found in dense forest
- Fruit mature during May-June
- Fruits succulent, 1-4 celled and 3-5 seeded
- Leaves are alternate, petioled and oblong
- TSS(80B),acidity(6.8%),juice content (37.5 ml/fruit)
Star aonla (Phyllanthus acidus)
- Fruit is oblate with 6 to 8 ribs and 1-2.5 cm wide with pale-yellow to nearly white in colour when fully ripe.
- Fruit weight- 2-5.50 g, TSS- 4.5%, acidity- 2.27% and Ascorbic acid- 21.15 mg/100 g pulp.
- Fruit light pink coloured used as fresh by local people and for processed products like squash, jam and jelly.
- Fruit weight- 18-20 g, seed weight- 3.4 g, TSS- 9.2%,
- Called as wild litchi
- Fruits are bigger in size with longer spines
- Aril and stone are white and seed is kidney shaped
- TSS(190B),acidity(5.4%),juice content(5.1 ml/fruit)
Buri (Baccaurea sapida)
- Tall tree with hairy leaves
- Fruits are smooth oval or round borne in strands
- Fruit skin turns ivory to yellowish or pinkish
- Fruits are eaten fresh or can be used for preparation of juice, squash and chutney
Tree tomato (Cyphomandra betacea)
It is a perennial shrub, grown as a backyard venture crop in Meghalaya, Mizoram and Sikkim. Fruit size ranges from 5-10 cm in length and 4-5 cm in width and colour may be solid deep-purple, blood-red, orange or yellow, or red-and-yellow. It is consumed as delicious chutney when raw or after roasting and peeling off the skin. It is liked by the people due to its unique flavour.
Fruit, leaves and tuberous root are used.
Yield : 250 q/ha
Sweet gourd (kakrol):
Rich source of vitamin A
Fruit and tuberous root are used.
Yield: 125 q/ha
Three varieties have been developed
|Yield: 533 q/ha||Yield : 630 q/ha. AICRP on Vegetable crops recommended this variety for zone III (entire North east and Andaman & Nicobar Island.||Yield: 637 q/ha.|
- Early maturing. (85-90 days)
- Tolerance to fruit cracking and moisture stress.
- Fruits are medium size, round and smooth with 2-3 locules.
- Flesh is thick and juicy, suitable for processing and fresh consumption purposes.
- These varieties have been recommended for rice based cropping system during spring summer season
- These varieties has been released by State Variety Release Committee, Manipur in the year 2000
Varieties found suitable :Sonipet-2, Sree Bhadra
Yield : 300-350 q/ha
Spacing : 30x30 cm
Cropping season : rainy season (May-November)
Fertilizers ; FYM @ 15 t/ha and NPK 90:60;90kg/ha.
Moderately resistant to bacterial wilt with an average yield of 300 q/ha
It is moderately resistant to bacterial wilt and
gives an average yield of 400 q/ha in rainy season.
Package of Practice for Pineapple
High density planting (Kew variety)
Double row or paired row planting system across the hill slope
Spacing: 30 x 45 x 75 cm
Plant population: 45,000-60,000
Yield: 47-55 t/ha against 20-25t/ha along the slope in normal spacing (75 x 75cm)
Double row or paired row planting system on terraced land
Spacing: 30 x 45 x 90 cm
Plant population: 45,000
Yield: 65 t/ha
Induction of uniform flowering in pineapple (Overcoming Staggering)
- Ethrel 50 ppm + NAA 10 ppm + Urea 2.5% + Na2 CO3 0.1%
- 50 ml of above solution should be poured in the heart of the plant at 35-40 leaf stage
- Early and uniform flowering in treated plants
Hybrids and Variety of Guava
- Low chilling peach cultivars suitable for mid altitude- Pratap, Shan-e-Punjab, Flordasun
- Spacing: 4.5 X 4.5 m
- Propagation by tongue and wedge grafting in the month of Nov-Dec was found successful
- A recently introduced crop has potential in Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, and some parts of Meghalaya and Nagaland
- Allison, Abott and Bruno with Tomuri and Allison as pollinizers were evaluated and found suitable
- Propagation: By Hard wood cutting in the month of December
- Yield: Average yield of 50-60 kg/plant of 7 year of age
- A potential, recently introduced and highly profitable fruit crop
- Suitable variety- Ofra, Camarosa and Sweet Charlie
- Planting system: Double row hill row system
- Spacing: 30x45x90 cm in double row
- Plant population: 50,000 plant/ha
- Manure &fertilizer: 25 t FYM, 100 kg N, 60 kg P and 100 kg K /ha
- Harvesting: Feb to April
- Yield: 15-20 t/ha