1. Preparation of half moon terrace and cleaning of tree basin
2. Periodical removal of water shoots, dry and diseased twigs, lichen, mosses and phenerogamic parasites
3. Nutritional management
- FYM @ 30 kg in the month of December along with 1.3 kg urea + 3 kg SSP and 1.2 kg MOP/ tree/year in three split doses i.e. March-April, June-July and Sept-Oct.
- Dolomite lime @ 3 kg/tree once in three year in the month of December is applied.
- Multiplex a mixture of micronutrients @ 2.5 ml/litre of water or mixture of zinc sulphate 0.5%, copper sulphate 0.4%, magnesium sulphate 0.5% is sprayed when new flush comes
Trunk borer (damage 20-30%)
- Collection and destruction of trunk borer adults by shaking the branches 2-3 times at 10 days interval in the month of May.
- Injection of 3 to 5 ml of petrol or monocrotophos in to the bored hole through syringe and plugging the hole with wet soil.
- Apply Beauveria bassiana (1020 spores/ml of water on the trunk)
Gummosis or foot rot
- Proper drainage to avoid water stagnation around the plants.
- Scraping of affected portions and pasting of Bordeaux paste
Removing of soil around the trunk and drenching the root